Learning Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children feel safe, secure and supported
- Children develop emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency
- Children develop knowledgeable and confident self-identities.
- Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect.
WE AT FUJI KINDY HELP CHILDREN:
- To build individual competency yet foster and maintain relationships with other children and educators.
- To be empowered with decision-making abilities, leadership skills, coping strategies for change and challenge.
- To develop self-esteem and awareness of their cultural background and the community around them.
- To build confidence in who they are, their family and culture
Learning Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children develop a sense of belonging to group and community and the understanding of reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active civic participation.
- Children respond to diversity with respect
- Children become aware of fairness
- Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment
2.1 To develop positive relationships with others and ensure children participate in group play within the service and the local community
2.2 To be aware and understand the connections, similarities and
differences of diverse cultures, heritage, language, background and traditions.
2.3 To be aware of fairness and ways in which others are included or excluded from all sorts of play
2.4 To develop an awareness and the impact of human activity on the environment and the interdependence between land, people, plants and animals.
Learning Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children become strong in their social and emotional wellbeing
- Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing
3.1 To develop their capabilities and independence while displaying
increasing awareness of the needs and rights of others
3.2 To promote their own and other’s health and safety, to engage in gross and fine motor movements such as dance, creative activities and drama.
Learning Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity
- Children develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, enquiry, experimentation, hypothesising, researching and investigating
- Children transfer and adapt what they have learned from one context to another
- Children resource their own learning though connecting with people, place, technologies and natural and processed materials
4.1 To build positive dispositions and approaches towards learning
4.2 To develop a variety of thinking strategies and using reflection to learn, engage and understand situations and to solve problems
4.3 To experiment with strategies to solve problems and be able to transfer knowledge into another setting
4.4 To explore natural and built environments using their senses, imagination and creativity by problem solving and experimenting with different tools and technology
Learning Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
- Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes
- Children engage with a range of texts and gain meaning from these texts
- Children express ideas and make meaning using a range of media
- Children begin to understand how symbol and patterns systems work
- Children use information and communication technologies to access information, investigate ideas and represent their thinking
5.1 To use verbal and non-verbal language to construct and convey messages and to understand and describe the things around them.
5.2 To begin to understand key literacy and numeracy concepts and processes
5.3 To use language to engage in play (imaginary or real) and use creative art to express their ideas and feelings.
5.4 To use symbols and patterns and to understand the relationship and connections between them.
5.5 To use a variety of media such as IPads, computers etc and to explore their many uses including information gathering, investigation, fun games and activities.