Through the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) children learn through their strengths, abilities and interests. We also provide intentional teaching through a variety of developmentally appropriate activities and materials, emphasising practical learning experiences.
The program provides:
- a clear set of goals related to promoting developmental skills in children
- allows for observation and assessment of the children’s individual needs and interests
- nurtures each child’s self-esteem, from different cultures, values, minority groups, disabilities and children with other special needs
- meets the individual needs of children from different cultures, values, minority groups, disabilities and children with other special needs
- is flexible, balanced, responsive to the child’s present ability, interests and emerging skills at a pace to suit the child’s capabilities
- focus on the readiness of the 3 Rs: writing and arithmetic
The daily program information is displayed for parents to read and is sensitive to the parent’s wishes for their children while they are at the our Service.
Our daily programs incorporate a wide variety of creative experiences which include:
- Musical appreciation and dance
- Health, nutrition and cooking
- Environmental awareness, gardening, their own vegetable, herbs and flower garden
- Physical education
- Painting and pasting
- Language and stories
- Experiences combined with free play, indoors and outdoors, including swimming
- Japanese language
A brief overview of each section of our centre from Momo (Babies), Ume (Toddlers), Bara (Young Learners) , Kiku (Junior Kindy), Yuri (Junior Kindy), Sumire (Kindergarten Program), and Satsuki (Kindergarten Program) will give you a little more insight into the individual programming relevant to the age of the children.